Electricity provides so much in terms of benefits, yet it can be very dangerous and requires a high level of care when working.

People have used electricity for a wide range of purposes, including heating, cooling, illuminating, protecting, and powering a variety of devices that are too numerous to mention. Here are a few surprising facts about home electricity.

Traditional light bulbs are ineffective

Only 10% of the power used by a traditional light bulb is generating light, the other 90% creates heat. Perhaps this is why LED solutions are so popular, as they create as much, if not more light, using a fraction of the energy.

For those Western Australians who would like to save energy, Amy Electrical is an electrician in Fremantle that can provide a range of electrical services at a reasonable cost. The LED lighting also comes in a range of colours, and with strip lighting, one can create a unique ambiance.

Home Electricals

Heating and cooling are major energy drains

According to research, more than 50% of the energy consumed in a domestic home is used for either heating or cooling. Technology is working to reduce this, with modern appliances that use far less power, and by using off-peak electricity, can help spread the load for the supplier.

More energy-efficient systems are being developed, which gives the homeowner choices if they wish to reduce energy consumption. Innovations in solar technology are paving the way for clean energy, and more and more people are reaping the benefits of solar power.

Energy-efficient appliances

Today’s appliances outperform while using less power to do so, like modern refrigerators, which require less power than a PlayStation 3. Although this is a positive improvement, the number of appliances is rising exponentially, and therefore the extra power required offsets the reduction in power use.

Wasted energy

Studies indicate that up to 75% of the electricity used to power devices is used when they are turned off. In standby mode, a device will often ”listen” for remote signals, which uses power. It is far better to unplug devices when they are not being used, as it significantly reduces overall energy consumption.

DIY is the cause of many accidents

Working with electricity is dangerous, and many people suffer injuries that stem from working on home electrics. If one lives in Western Australia and is looking for an electrician in Fremantle, or any other town, there are online companies that can deal with any electrical issue.

It is easy to forget the destructive power of electricity, as it is invisible and silently powers appliances in the background. Some homeowners are reluctant to call out an electrician, thinking a DIY solution will save money, yet the dangers require a skilled person to do any electrical work.

By using a qualified electrician, one can have peace of mind, knowing that the electrical system has been correctly installed.

Often taken for granted, electricity supports the modern lifestyle to a point where it is vital to have a continuous supply, and with ever-improving technology, it will become a cheaper energy source.

adminHome ElectricalsHome Improvementfacts about home electricals,home electricals
Electricity provides so much in terms of benefits, yet it can be very dangerous and requires a high level of care when working. People have used electricity for a wide range of purposes, including heating, cooling, illuminating, protecting, and powering a variety of devices that are too numerous to...